The Pay Superannuation function allows you to produce a superannuation export file for submission to a superannuation clearing house service. The details of the service that your organisation uses are set up on the Superannuation Setup section of the Setup Payroll window.
NOTE: By default, the system is configured to use the MYOB Super Portal service. For information on signing up for MYOB Super Portal, go to the MYOB website.
NOTE: Video Help is available for this topic on the Exo Employer Services Education Centre.
To export superannuation files, select Pay Superannuation from the Pay menu. The Pay Superannuation window opens:
Superannuation contribution records are grouped into batches. The details of all superannuation batches that have been produced in the past are displayed.
Creating and Editing Batches
Click Create to create a new batch or select an existing batch and click View Details to view and export it. In both cases, the Pay Superannuation Batch Details window appears:
All superannuation contributions from the selected period appear in the main grid. The options for editing batches are detailed below.
This section displays identification details for the batch.
Batch ID This read-only field displays a unique ID number for the batch.
Create Date This read-only field displays the date that the batch was created on.
Description Enter a descriptive label for the batch. You can enter a longer description, including any additional details, by clicking the Notes button, which opens a small text entry window.
Period Select the period that superannuation contributions will be drawn from. You can choose from:
- The previous quarter
- The current quarter
- The previous month
- The current month
- A user-defined date range
Status When viewing an existing batch, this dropdown replaces the Period dropdown. It allows you to specify the batch's current status, which can be one of:
A batch's status is can be set to "Exported" or "Uploaded" automatically when it is exported.
Date From ... To This shows the date range that superannuation contributions are drawn from, depending on the Period selection. If the "User defined dates" option was chosen, you can enter dates directly into these fields. The date range will be based on either the Pay Period End Date or the Physical Pay Date, depending on what was selected for the Pay Superannuation based on setting on the Superannuation Setup section of the Setup Payroll window.
This section contains controls that let you filter the list of contributions displayed below. You can filter contributions by any combination of the following:
- You can enter a range of pay numbers
- You can enter a range of employee ID codes
- You can show only employee contributions or only employer contributions
- You can show only contributions of a specific type:
- Compulsory Superannuation Guarantee contributions
- Voluntary Salary Sacrifice contributions
- You can show only contributions to a specific Superannuation Provider
Click Clear Filters to restore all of the filter settings to their defaults.
NOTE: This section is not available when viewing a previously saved batch.
This section displays the following read-only information about the list of contributions:
- The total amount of all displayed contributions, broken down into:
- The total amount of employer contributions
- The total amount of employee contributions
- The number of employees represented in the displayed contributions
- The number of superannuation funds represented in the displayed contributions
The Reports dropdown menu at the bottom of the Pay Superannuation Batch Details window lets you generate the following summary reports on the displayed contributions:
- Detailed by employee - shows detailed information on contributions, grouped by employee
- Detailed by provider and employee - shows detailed information on contributions, grouped first by superannuation provider, then by employee
- Summary by employee - shows total contribution amounts for each employee
- Summary by provider and employee - shows contribution totals for each superannuation provider, with the totals for each provider broken down by employee
- Summary by provider - shows total contribution amounts for each superannuation provider
You can generate these reports before or after saving the batch.
NOTE: The detailed reports include columns for Spouse Contributions, Child Contributions and Other Third Party - these cannot be populated at present. Support for these columns will be added in a future release.
Once you have filtered the list of contributions as required, you are ready to export a superannuation contribution CSV file.
NOTE: You can also copy the details of the grid to the clipboard by clicking the Copy button. This information can then be pasted manually into a spreadsheet.
To export a file:
- Tick the boxes for all contributions you want to export (or tick Select All).
- Click Save (or Export if you are exporting a previously saved batch).
- A window appears asking if you want to export the batch. Click Yes to write the selected contributions to an export file at the Default output location entered on the Superannuation Setup section of the Setup Payroll window.
- A window appears asking if you want to open the file location. Click Yes to open Windows Explorer at the output directory.
- A window appears asking if you want to upload the export file to the superannuation clearing house service. Click Yes to open a web browser to the Service website URL entered on the Superannuation Setup section of the Setup Payroll window, where you will be able to select the export file and upload it to the service.
- The Pay Superannuation Batch Details window closes and you are returned to the Pay Superannuation window.